Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Forums Forums Bug Reports Fatal Error after last update

• Fatal Error after last update

Erdem updated 3 weeks, 1 day ago 5 Members · 11 Posts
  • Mary

September 28, 2020 at 4:45 pm

Latest upgrade causing fatal error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘->’ (T_OBJECT_OPERATOR) in /home/islaneg6/public_html/ipcodev1/wp-content/plugins/wp-table-builder/inc/admin/managers/version-control-manager.php on line 90

• john

September 29, 2020 at 1:27 am

Yes I got that too Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a <strong style=”font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;”>fatal error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘->’ (T_OBJECT_OPERATOR) in /home/mydis139/eighteenpointfive.com.au/wp-content/plugins/wp-table-builder/inc/admin/managers/version-control-manager.php on line 90

I setup tables and it took a long time and now they are lost…

• Mary

September 29, 2020 at 5:33 pm

John, It is not all lost. The files are still there. Roll back to version 1.2.8 and all will be well.

If you do not have it, get the WP Rollback plugin which will make it quick and easy to roll it back

Mary

• Thomas

September 29, 2020 at 8:43 am

This caused a fatal error on our site too. If auto-update is disabled on WordPress, this would not have happened, right?

• john

September 29, 2020 at 1:04 pm

Yes I think the auto update to the latest version stuffed up our websites. Would have been better if the the developer tested their updates

• Imtiaz

Administrator
    September 29, 2020 at 2:44 pm

Hi everyone,

I am really sorry to hear about the issue.

We did do tests before updates. But it seems to be causing in some environments and not in others.

Please rollback to the previous version while we work on this.

I apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you.

We will give you updates as soon as we have something.

Kind regards.

• john

September 30, 2020 at 2:28 am

Thanks for a quick reply. I will try to roll back version and provide the details such as WordPress and php version.

• Erdem

September 29, 2020 at 3:06 pm

Hello Thomas and John,

Please share the version of the WordPress and version of the PHP your server is using, so we can further investigate the issue.

Best regards.

• Mary

September 29, 2020 at 4:48 pm

WP 5.4. 2

php 7.2

• john

September 30, 2020 at 2:40 am

Thankyou for quick response.

I’m new to WordPress and I think I have php <b style=”font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;”>5.6.40 and WordPress 5.5.1.

<b style=”font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;”>I have a message on dashboard to update php. If this is causing the error I apologise. Will have to work out how to update php.

• Erdem

September 30, 2020 at 9:04 pm

Hello John and Mary,

Yes we recreated that error for PHP 5.6 and prepared a fix for that that will be available with the next update which we are preparing as soon as possible. Probably that fix will correct that error for any other users too. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now