Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Forums Forums Bug Reports Recent update broke the responsive nature of table

• Recent update broke the responsive nature of table

Erdem updated 1 week, 3 days ago 3 Members · 5 Posts
  • Swadhin

July 23, 2020 at 8:00 am

Hi there,

After the recent update, I edited a table of mine to try the new features and now the colors (background colors) are gone and it looks all grey and white.

The first row (that I had merged to form a single column) to write the table title now forms 3 different cells in the mobile mode with displaying the title 3 different times.

I know it can be confusing so please check this page (and check the first table on the page in mobile mode) to to understand and investigate the issue.

I also want to tell that these things do happen, sometimes code that we use might not work or have some complications and it’s okay… we are all thankful that you are taking the initiative to push regular updates and improvements to the plugins.

Keep the good work up. 🙂

-Swadhin

• Erdem

July 24, 2020 at 10:52 am

Hello Swadhin,

Thank you for your report and kind words. We will investigate the issue and will give an update as soon as possible.

Best regards and have a great day!

• Erdem

July 25, 2020 at 1:22 pm

Hello Swadhin,

We performed tests and actually saw that our responsive table builder in auto mode is running as it has to. As you may guess, trying to fulfill every aspect and needs of a responsive layout is just impossible. So, when we started the project for the new responsive menu of table builder, we specifically decided common rules and options that responsive builder will react according to. For merged cells, most majority of the situations demand those cells to be repeated based on ‘cells per row’ option to keep the merged cells re-added in their logical places when table is rebuilt. But, the use case you pointed out seemed like a good option that we can add to as a functionality to keep top row as static so it will not be moved or repeated. So we added static top row option to auto mode which will be available on the upcoming patch. We imported your table you are having issues with and worked on it. You can see the final result with static top row option is enabled at below.

Thank you for your report that guided us to add this new functionality to our plugin.

Best regards and have a great day.

Edit: If you are having troubles displaying the image, here is a link (Imgur)[https://imgur.com/a/fNdhdpj]

• Nuno

July 26, 2020 at 3:42 pm

Sorry to add this query here, but it seems that every single new update breaks not only the responsiveness of the table: it also wipes out any images and HTML code from EVERY table. If I have 10 tables, I pretty much need to re-do all of them after every update – which is not sustainable. This has already happened twice, in both cases immediately after a new update. Are you able to fix this by any chance?

Thanks in advance

• Erdem

July 26, 2020 at 6:02 pm

Hello @NunoF ,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with our plugin. New responsive functionality is added with the version 1.2.3, which is the patch before (current 1.2.4). And even though we added the new responsive builder, tables with older responsive functionality didn’t get affected from it because if you have it enabled before, you are greeted with a warning window telling you to continue with new responsive logic or stay at older one. And with the latest patch, we didn’t update anything from responsive builder. So it is impossible for the new updates to break any older responsive options, but still we will investigate the problem if patch 1.2.3 and 1.2.4 has that kind of effect on change. For the HTML and image, we need more information to dive into the issue. Is this happening on image and html elements, are those images hosted on the same WordPress server that you are running the plugin in or are they just links? And if you can give us an url of your live site and point us to the tables resetting themselves, we will be happy to investigate them to fix this.

Best regards and have a great day.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now