Skip to toolbar

WP Table Builder Community

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Forums Forums Bug Reports Styles selected in plugin table settings not rendering on site

• Styles selected in plugin table settings not rendering on site

Erdem updated 1 week, 3 days ago 2 Members · 5 Posts
  • Jason

September 8, 2020 at 6:45 am

Hi – I’ve created a WPTB table and inserted into the footer of a site via Elementor and shortcodes. The data and text alignment is correct, however the background is incorrect. i.e. it is showing as alternate colours of white and grey rows when it has been all set as white. I’ve tried a few things via custom CSS, but nothing seems to work so far. I can provide a link via email, but not in the public forum.

• Erdem

September 8, 2020 at 9:58 am

Hello Jason,

Sorry to hear you are having this issue with the problem. You can send the link to colbrand@gmail.com and we will investigate the issue.

Best regards.

• Erdem

September 9, 2020 at 5:57 am

Hello Jason,

We investigated the site and saw that your elementor theme is overriding those table data cells. If you use the custom CSS code we supplied below, problem for that table will be fixed.

.wptb-table-617 table td { background-color: inherit !important; }

https://imgur.com/a/h2vfdHf

Best regards.

elementor td fix

elementor td fix

• Jason

September 10, 2020 at 3:47 am

Hi Erdem,

Thank you for your help, it has worked as desired.

Feel free to point me elsewhere, but do you happen to know where the offending theme settings are? i.e. Could this be resolved without the need to use !important ?

If not, thank you for your time and help anyway.

Kind regards.

• Erdem

September 11, 2020 at 12:18 pm

Hello Jason,

My advise will be never change theme files. Because at update of that theme, these changes will be lost. Best and most secure way is to use Additional CSS menu of theme customization. ‘!important` tag is necessary because without that tag, we can not neutralize the CSS settings affecting those rows. But, that CSS code is only, and only affecting that table and nothing else, so there is no worry there.

Best regards.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now