No matter how good your site is, it gotta go under maintenance sooner or later. Now, while you are doing that, your site will be unavailable to visitors. Do you sit idle and make your site look just unavailable in the meantime? No!
Rather, take that opportunity to advertise; let people know the changes are gonna come, what features you are gonna add, and what improvements are being brought. To do all that, you need a coming soon plugin.
So, which plugin do you choose among the hundreds of options available on the market? Which one will perform the best? Which one will make people eagerly wait for your site to come back? Which one will do the most for the least?
To save you the hassle of painstakingly testing out options, today we’ve brought the 7+ Best WordPress Coming Soon Plugins (Free & Paid). These are tested and vetted by experts, so you won’t lose picking from any of them.
Minimal Coming Soon
Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode Page
Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode
Let’s dive in!
SeedProd is called the best coming soon plugin for WordPress sites, and that statement is undoubtedly true. With its easy-to-use and powerful features to create attention-grabbing under-construction & maintenance pages, you can capture leads before your site goes online again.
This plugin’s drag-and-drop builder is one of the biggest features for choosing SeedProd. With this, you can make coming soon pages in no time, without going through the hassles of writing page-long codes. You can focus more on content, rather than correcting coding errors.
Another big plus of Seedprod is its customizable templates. If you are in a hurry and don’t want to do everything by yourself, just choose from a variety of pre-designed templates provided by the plugin. You can edit those templates’ designs if you want. You will also have access to 500,000+ free stock images, which you can add anytime you want.
Another handy function is the ability to gather email addresses from site visitors. Popular email marketing tools such as MailChimp, ActiveCampaign, ConvertKit, Constant Contact, and more are all compatible with SeedProd. This makes it simple to connect with new consumers and expand your email list.
SeedProd also has a countdown timer that can be used to generate excitement before the launch of your website. You can customize the timer to count down to a specific date or time, and add social media links to keep visitors engaged.
- Fast drag & drop page builder.
- Automatically hides your site when the Coming Soon pages are active.
- Search engine optimized.
- Over 100 professional landing page templates to select from.
- Allows adding forms to build an email list even before the launch of a site.
- Built-in email autoresponder.
- Social follow and share options available.
- GDPR compliant.
- Built-in contact form and subscription forms.
- Attractive countdown timer.
Free | Basic plan starts at $39.50/year.
2. Elementor Maintenance Mode
Elementor is one of the most popular site-building tools, and if you’re among the users, this is for you. Elementor Maintenance Mode is not a standalone plugin itself, but if you are using Elementor to build your site, this feature will save you from using any third-party plugins for creating coming soon pages.
One of the key features of Elementor Maintenance Mode is the ability to fully customize the page using the Elementor page builder. This opens the door for users to integrate any number of widgets and components, such as text, images, and even forms. Since the website can be previewed in real-time while changes are being made, building a polished and visually appealing maintenance mode page is a snap.
In addition to visual changes, users can also select specific IP addresses or user roles to have access to the site with this feature, even while it is in maintenance mode. Access to the site can be restricted to just the people who need it to be while maintenance is being done, which is helpful for people like administrators and web developers.
The maintenance mode in Elementor also allows you to control whether or not search engines index your site. It can assist in keeping the site’s search engine rankings from taking a hit if search engines don’t index the maintenance mode page.
- Customizable maintenance mode page.
- White list feature.
- Customizable notifications.
- Users can use other WordPress plugins while their site is in maintenance mode.
- Features a widget that allows you to display social media icons on your maintenance mode page.
- Includes a newsletter form widget, that allows you to collect email addresses from visitors while your site is down for maintenance.
- Allows you to add custom CSS for coming soon pages.
- Countdown timer.
- Automatic holding off search engine indexing while maintenance mode is active.
Free, with access to a limited builder. | Basic plan for the Elementor page builder plugin starts at $59/year, for a single site license.
Now, if you are looking for something completely free, yet powerful enough to get the job done, then LightStart can be your pick. LightStart is an ‘All-in-one’ solution plugin for creating custom maintenance mode, coming soon, and landing page templates. With its easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface, you can create stunning coming soon pages in mere minutes.
LightStart offers a wide range of customization options for the maintenance mode and coming pages, including features to change the background image, font, and color scheme. You can also add your own custom CSS and HTML to customize the pages further.
With LightStart, you can equip your maintenance and coming soon pages with e-mail capture forms. By doing so, users can gather email addresses from site visitors for future marketing or other uses.
Moreover, it will allow you to integrate your social media accounts into maintenance & coming soon pages. This includes the ability to add social media icons and links to popular platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
You will be able to track the efficacy of the maintenance, coming soon, and landing pages with the help of the analytics tools that LightStart provides. This includes the capability to view the number of visitors who have viewed the page, the amount of time they spent there, as well as the actions that they made.
- Easy-to-use drag-and-drop interface.
- Fully customizable.
- Countdown timer.
- Allows exclusion of URLs from maintenance.
- Bot functionality to collect emails in a friendly and efficient way.
- WordPress multisite support.
- Compatible with any major WordPress theme.
- SEO optimization.
- Analytics tool.
- Social media integration.
4. Under Construction
With 600,000+ active installations, Under Construction is another prominent name on this list. The plugin has a straightforward interface that requires no coding experience to install and configure, allowing users to make customized changes to the “Under Construction” page.
The plugin comes with a number of adjustable templates from which you can quickly and easily generate an attractive “Under Construction” page. Each of the many available templates features a different style and format. And if you buy the PRO version of this plugin, you’ll get 300+ of them!
Apart from tons of templates, the plugin lets you customize the content as you like. You have complete control over the design and style of the page, down to the smaller elements and the content and photos you upload. On your “Under Construction” page, you can do things like add your own logo, change the color scheme, and much more.
Using the access control function of this plugin, you will have the option of displaying the “Under Construction” page to everyone, or you can choose to display it only to those who are not signed in. You also have the option to grant access to the live site to specific people or IP addresses even while the site is marked as “Under Construction.”
- Automatic End date & time – automatically disable under construction mode on a set date.
- Features Google Analytics Tracking ID.
- Social media integration.
- Compatible with many caching plugins.
- Includes a built-in contact form.
- Offers access control.
- Multilingual support.
- Responsive design, ready for any type of screen.
- Optimized for search engines, even while the site is in maintenance mode.
- Custom CSS for deeper customization
Free | $25/year for the basic (starting) plan, for a single site license.
Now, if you are looking for a coming soon plugin with premium features, but don’t want to spend money on it, or simply don’t have the budget for it, then CMP can be the perfect choice for you. This plugin is lightning-fast and really effortless to use. With this plugin, one click is all it takes to activate your Maintenance, Coming soon, or under construction page.
The coming soon/maintenance page management and scheduling features in CMP are quite detailed. The page can be activated automatically at a specified date and time, or it can be activated and deactivated manually at any time. The page can be configured to disappear automatically after a specified period of time, or to remain active until you personally disable it.
CMP has got you covered even while your site is offline. It offers built-in contact forms for visitors, which can be used to collect email addresses from visitors and add them to your email list. You can then use this list to notify subscribers when your website is back online, or to promote your products or services. Additionally, you’ll have the option to allow specific users or roles to access the website while it is in maintenance mode.
- Customizable countdown timer.
- 3 bundled free themes and 20+ downloadable themes.
- Customizable text and color scheme.
- WPML and Polylang are fully supported.
- Customizable form fields.
- Advanced analytics tracking.
- Social media integration.
- Customizable background images.
- Compatible with custom WordPress login URL.
Free | Pro will cost $49 per year.
6. Minimal Coming Soon
Minimal Coming Soon is a coming soon page created by WebFactory Ltd that allows website owners to create a professional, minimalist design for their website while it is under construction or undergoing maintenance. With over 100,000 active installations, this is a trusted name, which will get the job done without fail.
The clean, minimalistic style of Minimal Coming Soon is one of its distinguishing features, just like its names indicate. The page has a neat, white background with the header “Coming Soon” in bold, black type at the top. Visitors can easily grasp the website’s state because of the design’s simplicity and clarity.
And if you are not a fan of the minimalistic look, then you can change that too. You can change just about everything about the plugin to make it work for your site. For instance, you can have your pick of numerous fonts, colors, and backgrounds. Additionally, they can adjust the countdown meter to match the website’s anticipated release date.
When activated, this plugin will provide a “coming soon” page for your site that will feature a newsletter subscription form so that interested visitors can be notified when the site becomes live. This form is compatible with widely used email marketing services like MailChimp and Constant Contact.
- Completely customizable look and feel.
- 2 Million+ free images for use in the pro version.
- Best in the market SEO optimization.
- Works with all WordPress themes and plugins.
- 47+ stunning animations and 26+ Instagram filters in the pro version.
- Supports Custom Login URL.
- 7 built-in, local fonts.
- Over 800 GDPR Compatible Bunny Fonts are available.
- Google Analytics integration.
- Compatible with major cache plugins.
Free | Pro version will cost $39/year for a single site license.
7. Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode Page
The “Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode Page” plugin is a coming soon, under construction, and maintenance page building tool that is simplistic and quick to set up. It will assist you in the design of fantastic and dynamic coming soon pages that contain all of the necessary elements.
The option to customize this plugin’s design to your website’s theme is one of its most useful features. To get the desired look, background images, font colors, and typography can all be changed. You can also include a logo or other marketing components to give the page a finished, professional look.
You can use this plugin to show a countdown timer to alert visitors about when the site will be available again. The countdown timer can be set to display either the number of days until a certain date, or the number of hours until a certain time.
This plugin will also let you make custom forms to put on coming soon pages of your site. You can design them as you like, and the sections on the forms can be adjusted to meet your requirements; you can decide whether the form submission data is emailed to a specific email address, or saved in a database.
Apart from a custom signup form for email lists, this plugin also dons a progress bar that refreshes to reflect the status of your website’s maintenance. This will assist in keeping visitors up to date with the status of your website and will provide them with information regarding when it will once again be fully operating.
- Animated coming soon text messages.
- Sections are easily editable from the plugin options panel.
- 16 Background slider animations to choose from.
- Offers 300+ Google fonts.
- Additional Background Mode (Static, Video, Gradient) in the pro version.
- 10+ Premade themes in the pro version.
- Features Secret Access (Sharable link with a secret key) in the pro version.
- Coming soon admin bar notification.
- Option to add MailChimp or any other Sign-up form to the coming soon page.
Free | Single site license is available at $19.
8. Coming Soon & Maintenance Mode
For the last pick on this list, we’ve brought you another coming soon plugin, which is both powerful and stylish to show the condition of a site going under maintenance or construction. With the features it offers in both the free and premium versions, it definitely earned its place among competitors.
The capability of this plugin to set the meta description and keywords stands out as one of its most striking features. Because a captivating meta description has the ability to boost the website traffic of your organic search results, this can come in extremely handy when trying to rank your website higher in search engines.
Coming soon pages look great with animation effects. And the pro edition of this plugin provides access to no less than 39 of them, and all of them are engaging in their own ways. You can pick an individual animation style or go with a random option. In addition to that, you have the option to customize animation effects for every element of the maintenance page.
A variety of technical customization choices are also in the plugin. Users have the ability to choose whether or not to enable the plugin for particular user roles, such as administrators or editors. They also have the ability to define a particular date and time for the coming soon or maintenance page to be displayed, which enables them to plan ahead for upgrades or downtime.
- Offers a user-friendly back-end and is highly customizable.
- Ability to set background image and color.
- Ability to disable plugins for specific IPs.
- Offers feature to set meta description and keywords.
- Feature to use WordPress post editor for Messages.
- Full social media integration.
- 39 amazing animation effects for Coming Soon page elements in the pro version.
- 3 beautiful and different Countdown designs(button, circle, vertical slider), in the pro version.
- Built-in 31 fonts for title, countdown, link to the admin, and subscribe form texts, in the pro version.
Free | $14 for a personal single-site license.
In conclusion, you now have access to a wide variety of “coming soon” plugins that will assist you in developing an efficient landing page for your website while it is undergoing construction. The finest solutions that are discussed in this article provide a variety of features and possibilities, both free and paid, to accommodate the requirements of any website owner, regardless of their budget.
No matter how simple or complex the customization options or integrations you need will be, all of the plugin we chose for this list can meet that requirement. Do not publish your website unless it has a “coming soon” page that is both professional and interesting. If you want to impress your site’s visitors and encourage them to return for more, use a plugin from our list of the best ones available for WordPress.
That’s it for today. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comment section. Do share, if you have liked the article. We wish you all good luck!
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. That means if you make a purchase using any of these links, we will a small commission without any extra cost to you. Thanks for your support.